วันอาทิตย์ที่ 2 มิถุนายน พ.ศ. 2567

Ben Lowry - Sunday reading

Lots of sport and other stories
 
 
     
   
     
  I N S I D E R  
     
  Jun 2, 2024  
     
 

The weather is changeable in Belfast today - sun, cloud and rain - but yesterday at the Lurgan Show crowds flocked to the event amid early June sunshine.


Later this month, the general assembly of the Presbyterian Church in Ireland will gather in Belfast.

 

This week it is 80 years since D Day. This veteran from Bangor, 97, remembers what he calls the slaughter house on the beaches.

 

Planned strike action by workers in the education sector in Northern Ireland has been largely suspended to facilitate further talks on pay and grading.

 

Kyle White reports from the Isle of Man TT where Michael Dunlop says it is an honour to have as many victories as Joey.

 

In football, the former Irish League ace Thomas Stewart is expecting Kieran McKenna to make an impression at Ipswich Town.


Enjoy  your reading and your Sunday,

Ben

 
     
 
'I just felt like my swing was a little out of sync...so I just worked on a little bit of tempo and rhythm'
 
'I just felt like my swing was a little out of sync...so I just worked on a little bit of tempo and rhythm'
 
Read more +
 
Flooding
 
Ulster secure European Champions Cup spot for next season despite defeat to Munster
 
Ulster gained the one match point they needed to secure European Champions Cup rugby for next season against Munster at Thomond Park, but not much else went right for Richie Murphy's side in Limerick as they suffered a first defeat in five games – despite having a 10-point half-time lead.
 
Read more +
 
     
 
Jackie McGregor: The misery of the overshare - strangers and too much information
 
Jackie McGregor: The misery of the overshare - strangers and too much information
 
​ As I entered the doctor's waiting room a woman smiled at me. "Alright?" I asked, returning her grin as I sat down beside her. "Not bad," she replied, then she bent her head conspiratorially and whispered, "but I still wet the bed occasionally!" I didn't know where to look!
 
Read more +
 
Flooding
 
Thought for the week: The opportunities of showing fellowship with others
 
​I was very struck recently at our normal Sunday morning service by one verse from a song composed in 2019 by Paul Baloche. The words that came alive to me, referring to Jesus, were - 'He who dined with sinners and saints, Healed the blind, the lost and the lame; Even now He is in our midst; Behold Him.'
 
Read more +
 
     
     
 
 
     
     
     
   
 
 
   
 
You have received this email as you have an opted in to exclusive Insider communications from the News Letter.
Log in or create an account to manage your newsletter preferences.
 
 
You can also change the types of emails you receive from us or completely stop all emails.
 
 

National World Publishing Ltd
Published by National World Publishing Ltd

Registered in England and Wales (11499982). E3, Joseph's Well, Hanover Walk, Leeds, England, LS3 1AB, United Kingdom. We will process your personal data in accordance with our Privacy notice.
 

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น