วันอาทิตย์ที่ 14 เมษายน พ.ศ. 2567

Ben Lowry - Sunday reading

 
 
     
   
     
  I N S I D E R  
     
  Apr 14, 2024  
     
 

It was an almost perfect spring morning as the Liverpool boat sailed into Belfast Lough under a rising sun at 6am.

 

I had been at Aintree for my first ever Grand National, where the horse tipped by the Ulster great AP McCoy was the horse that won!

 

I rarely gamble, partly because I never win, but I did listen to Sir Tony and put money on I am Maximus, which I then squandered on other unsuccessful punts. Here is a 5 min video of the emerging crowds yesterday at the racecourse.

 

In other sport, Rory McIlroy has pulled up a bit at the Masters from his poor opening two days, but that venerable title seems set to elude him once again.

 

And Leeds fans have paid warm tribute to the retiring Northern Ireland player Stuart Dallas.

 

Here is an interview with Alex Thomas, the woman who is master blender at Bushmills.

 

In opinion, I write about my belated first visit to Limavady last week, to hear a fascinating talk on unionism by Lord Godson.

 

Prof John Wilson Foster says his book 'Ireland Out of England and Other Inconveniences' proposes some seriously inconvenient items for the united Ireland debate.


Enjoy your Sunday and talk again soon,

Ben

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
     
 
The Masters: everything Rory McIlroy said after third day 71 at Augusta
 
The Masters: everything Rory McIlroy said after third day 71 at Augusta
 
Read more +
 
Flooding
 
'For me I've had enough parades and parties, it was never about that and it will never be.'
 
Read more +
 
     
 
'It's an unbelievable race and an unbelievable horse and it's a bit surreal to be honest'
 
'It's an unbelievable race and an unbelievable horse and it's a bit surreal to be honest'
 
Read more +
 
Flooding
 
Matthew Shevlin nets a second-half brace as Coleraine beat Glentoran at The Showgrounds
 
Read more +
 
     
     
 
 
     
     
     
   
 
 
   
 
You have received this email as you have an opted in to exclusive Insider communications from the News Letter.
Log in or create an account to manage your newsletter preferences.
 
 
You can also change the types of emails you receive from us or completely stop all emails.
 
 

National World Publishing Ltd
Published by National World Publishing Ltd

Registered in England and Wales (11499982). E3, Joseph's Well, Hanover Walk, Leeds, England, LS3 1AB, United Kingdom.
We will process your personal data in accordance with our Privacy notice.
 

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น